[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] "Call for Speakers" draft

Arthur Huillet ahuillet at freedroid.org
Fri Nov 18 14:20:08 CET 2011

Hi,

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:11:51 +0100
Nils Kneuper <crazy-ivanovic at gmx.net> wrote:

> So much about the draft itself. Please comment on it, send edited versions,
> add it to some "group edit site" and change it there and provide the link to
> the changed version on this list. As I said, I plan to send the call for
> speakers to the fosdem announcement list some time later tomorrow, so that
> there is about a month time for the submission of proposed sessions.

The draft looks good to me.

> * Yes, I will be biased when it comes to the selection of sessions. I will
> prefer orgs that help with organizing the dev room and that do support it
> (meaning the orgs that stated "yeah, we want this room, too" during the gsoc
> mentor summit are more likely to get a slot than an unknown org or some tiny
> project.

FreedroidRPG stated its interest in the devroom as soon as we were made aware
of it. We couldn't attend the mentor summit but we do care about games @FOSDEM.

> * If you can propose a better way for me to handle the selection, feel free to
> share it. In case there is no such way proposed, I'll just try to handle it in
> a way that feels "right" to me and might just work.

I don't have any better process to suggest and I think the complexity of the
process will have to be scaled according to the number of proposals.
If you get 1000 proposals then some formal process will be needed. If you get
10 proposals for 6 slots, it's easier to solve.

Have you given any thought to sound+video recording? I can provide a
not-so-good webcam... :/
I don't remember what the specific room looks like but I think there may be a
need to provide power plugs to the seats so that people can plug their laptops.
I don't think FOSDEM covers that part.

--
Greetings,
A. Huillet