[retrocomputing devroom] FOSDEM22 Scheduling Inquiry

François Revol revol at free.fr
Tue Jan 4 16:06:34 UTC 2022

Hi,

On 04/01/2022 01:24, jeffbai at aosc.io wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm writing to inquire about FOSDEM22's Retrocomputing Devroom schedules
> and deadlines. I have submitted my abstract in mid to late December, but
> have yet to receive any response regarding the topic selection.

Yeah sorry, I got sidetracked by other stuff. I wanted to make a
tentative schedule first but it's tedious in pentabarf.

I'll send a mail to each speaker but I can already announce that all
proposed talks are accepted. Funny how extending a deadline by 3 days
gets you exactly enough talks to fill the 8 hours day :-)

Since not all of you are in Europe, please tell me ASAP if you have
scheduling constraints, I didn't notice any in the submission notes.

> I see that we were supposed to have received a confirmation by December
> 31st, and the recorded talks are due on January 15th. Will these dates
> likely change again?

We can't push much on the record deadline, as we (well, I) have to
review the recordings beforehand, and last year I had to rework audio on
some recordings where it was too noisy or too low.

So you can start planning your video already.

Also remember the allotted slot is for both the video + live Q&A, so if
you asked for 30min you'll probably want to make your video at 25min to
have two or three questions live.

Of course there will be the separate jitsi session after for
discussions, but those won't be broadcasted since we'll already have
started on the next talk.

François.