[security-devroom] [FOSDEM] Smartcard workshop at FOSDEM 2012

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Tue Jan 31 23:15:20 CET 2012

On 31.01.2012 22:59, Kai Engert wrote:
> On 31.01.2012 21:35, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> Hi Kai,
>>
>> As I have a full presentation that was tentatively admitted
>> on the IRC to Tomas G by Martin I would prefer that the six
>> presentations on Saturday where shortened by 5 mins each.
>> That gives me 30 mins and the other 40-55 mins.
>
> The problem with your proposal is, the schedule has been already
> published, it will be printed like that, and people trying to attend a
> talk will notice they are too late.

I assume you don't like Sunday.

If all you need it 30 minutes, it shouldn't be necessary to change much.
If your preference is to fit your talk in on Saturday, there might be
other options.

I see other developer rooms (e.g. Mozilla) start as early as 11:00. You
could talk from 11:00-11:30

If we want to keep a 15 minutes break between talks, then Tomas
Gustavsson's talk could be moved 15 minutes to start at 11:45, until
12:30. The time for the lunch break would be shortened to 30 minutes,
and all remaining talks could be held as scheduled.

Would that work for you?

If not, and if your preference is still Saturday, then the other option
is that you talk at 17:00.
(That DigiNotar "open discussion" was just an idea, and has not been
announced anywhere.)

Kai