On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 09:21:50PM +0100, Kristoff wrote:
Hi Alasdair,
Hey Mailing List,
On 7/02/2021 7:51 p.m., Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
I know some people who have now created a matrix-account on the fosdem.org matrix-server for this weekend. Will this matrix account stay active? Or where they only intended for this weekend? The simple answer is that we haven't decided yet. If you have opinions on this or any other aspect of this year's FOSDEM, please let feedback@fosdem.org know!
I do not really have an opinion on this.
I just asked this to know if I should advice them to get an account somewhere else, or not. :-)
On one side, it is good publicity to have the 'fosdem.org' name become part of the matrix landscape.
True
On the other hand, you can ask yourself if it the job of fosdem to continuously support a service (i.e. the matrix server) while there do are sufficient other services that already do this.
Hopefully _not_ gratuite
I think the call is completely up to you! :-)
:-)
I will adapt based on your decision.
Please don't lay your head on the chopping block, find/make/do what sustains what you deem important.
Alasdair Kristoff
FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
Groeten Geert Stappers -- Silence is hard to parse