Hi, On 01/08/2015 11:40 AM, Philip Paeps wrote:
Incidentally, setting talk status to accepted does not notify the speakers their talk was accepted - I had to extract email addresses and manually notify people (a bit of a pain). I imagine that some track chairs may not be aware that they need to do this.
I'm sure this limitation was pointed out on the devroom-managers@ mailing list once or twice. :) I do have an Evil Perl Hack that can extract lists of email for devroom organisers if they want it.
It was - but if others are like me, they may not be paying attention to all email from the list ;-)
There are very good reasons not to allow web-facing things to send email!
Yes, it wasn't a criticism, just information. A way to extract name, email address and talk title as a CSV would be great, as that would allow easy export + mail merge. Thank you for the information on accepted/confirmed too - I was not clear that I had to do that, I thought speakers needed to do it. All cleared up now. Thank you, Dave. -- Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy Open Source and Standards, Red Hat - http://community.redhat.com Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338