Hi Tias, ok, I understand the liability issues and such, but as long as we have the reassuring message that it will be dealt with responsably, it will be great. The patch of grass is probably the best sitting spot for the penguin; next to the giant beers and fishes for lunch ;-D I'll bring it saturday morning; my Belgian phone number: 0478978967 Greetings, Jasper -- Jasper Nuyens Managing Director, Linux Belgium http://www.linuxbe.com Phone: +32 (0)2 747 47 01 Fax: +32 (0)2 747 47 10 GSM: +32 (0)478 978967 On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Mattias 'Tias' Guns <mguns@fosdem.org> wrote:
On 01/27/2011 04:24 PM, Jasper Nuyens wrote:
Hey all,
we have a 3m high giant inflatable tux penguin, that might be an interesting landmark to let people know where fosdem is and what it's about. Is it a good idea to put it somewhere? It does need a power supply so it can remain inflated (it inflates itself in about 5 minutes). I can bring an extension cable of 30m or so if needed and I can put it in order working saterday morning and sunday morning. I think it consumes about 50watt.
Hey Jasper,
Sounds great! We would love to put it somewhere. I had the patch of grass between the H and AW building in mind, or perhaps on the terrain where the fries stands are, but we have to be careful not to block any passages there.
We can happily provide power and ask security to keep an extra eye on it, as well as stock it overnight in our storage room between sat/sun. However, I hope you understand that we can not take liability for it, and that we can not ship it to/from FOSDEM.
Is that OK? Kind regards, Tias