On 2013-01-02 15:38:20 (+0100), Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> wrote:
tor 2012-12-27 klockan 22:40 +0100 skrev Wynke Stulemeijer:
We are pleased to announce that a number of hotels in Brussels are offering a discount to FOSDEM visitors. See the accommodation page (https://fosdem.org/2013/practical/accommodation/) for more information on which hotels and how to book.
A hint to everyone is to check directly with the hotel as well. I got 107 EUR/night at Royal Windsor when I booked now, but the FOSDEM discount rate is 115 EUR/night.
This is helpful to know. As pointed out before, this year is the first year we're working with the Brussels Booking Desk to negotiate discounts for visitors. Any comments (positive or negative) are welcome. Note that the difference between 115EUR and 107EUR sounds a lot like city tax. I would be interested to know if the rate you were quoted actually includes that. Some hotels like to charge it separately (you can guess how I feel about that practice). - Philip -- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information