Hey all, we have a 3m high giant inflatable tux penguin, that might be an interesting landmark to let people know where fosdem is and what it's about. Is it a good idea to put it somewhere? It does need a power supply so it can remain inflated (it inflates itself in about 5 minutes). I can bring an extension cable of 30m or so if needed and I can put it in order working saterday morning and sunday morning. I think it consumes about 50watt. Greetings, Jasper -- Jasper Nuyens Managing Director, Linux Belgium http://www.linuxbe.com Phone: +32 (0)2 747 47 01 Fax: +32 (0)2 747 47 10 GSM: +32 (0)478 978967 On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
All.
We just got an unpleasant (and confused) phone call from ULB about an attempted delivery of "stuff" (we don't know what it is or who sent it) for FOSDEM. We'd like to keep our hosts happy. Shipping stuff to them doesn't further that goal.
Can I stress again that it is _not_ possible to ship _anything_ to the FOSDEM venue? We cannot take delivery of it, the university can't take delivery of it for us and it can't be stored anywhere.
Items shipped anyway are likely to be blackholed.
Please Don't Do That[tm].
This has been a service announcement.
- Philip
PS: If you happen to know who may have tried to ship something, please get in touch with me off-list - own up! I don't bite. ;)
-- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem