Hi,
AIUI, there has been an attempt to do such a thing at FOSDEM before. However, the problem was that the required test license to be allowed to do so did not arrive in time.
Well, the license _did_ get there in time for the FOSDEM itself. (like two weeks before). But since I was not sure I would get it, I hadn't made any preparation like asking people to register their phone, or make publicity, or interact with the the FOSDEM organizer :) I had the BTS with me last year and I did some tests, and it showed that two BTS wouldn't quite do the trick. For example, for the 27C3 event, that has a much more compact area to cover (everything is in the same building and not spread around), we use six nano BTS (on 3 different site, each site have 2 BTS configured as multi-TRX).
Is that understanding correct? If so, is someone making sure that it will not happen again?
If we can have the hardware, I can introduce a new request. But we'd have to be sure to get the HW and FOSDEM org support because the license isn't free (couple hundred euros or so). Cheers, Sylvain