Raph
This is such a lie. This is not your memory failing..... Shame on you.
I'm afraid not. RMS was known for not quite telling the truth. As witnessed by many of my friends when I was organising RMS events around England and other places. My friends are people like members of the IET or Institute of Physics and Royal Society of Chemistry or medical people. In a previous Brussels police interview which took place in the 1990's. I was questioned about the violent punch up between a threatening SuSE developer and a quiet and helpful Debian developer. Which led the police to arresting one or more people on the campus of the ULB at the time. Which also led to a change in the OSDEM proceedings in about 2000/2001. Brussels police told me that was going to happen. It wasn't a secret gathering. In the present day I see no one threatening anyone. So, whatever took place someone did the right thing somewhere :) -- Richard