Hi The OSDEM event, the first event which was subsequently renamed Fosdem, was held in 2001. Organisation started somewhere in October or november 2000. An event in 1995 is distinct and independent of Fosdem. Raphaël On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, 12:57 Richard Ibbotson, <richard.ibbotson@gmail.com> wrote:
Alexander
I gave a talk and led a workshop at OSDEM 2001. At the time, organizers were saying it is their first international event but that they had some events before at the university.
The first OSDEM session I went to was in 1995. Early talks were about the HTTP protocol and a stand up row about MySQL. Some others as well. I remember because at that time Eurostar had just been built. All of us from England were a bit knocked out about the new train service to Brussels. Quite an engineering feat. No idea how all of the OSDEM list archive vanished into nowhere.
-- Richard _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem