On 09/02/2021 11:06, Claus R. Wickinghoff wrote:
Hello,
just my thoughts (as a long term visitor):
FOSDEM is a conference and all the years before we had only our memories, own notes etc. left afterwards. (Not to forget the recorded talks not to forget, great achievement!)
This year I saved the relevant discussions (where I was involved and what might still be worth looking at as it contains technical stuff, not the coffee talk). These took place either in a public place (devroom chat) or it was personal communication. So it should be safe regarding GPDR.
I'm fine with shutting down the servers soon and delete all data.
There are some interesting discoveries in the chat logs For example, I found that my OBS setup (via v4l2-loopback) was not recognized by Jitsi in FOSDEM but it works fine with regular Jitsi. After investigating, I found that OBS needs to be configured for a 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:9 output, then it worked. I finally used 4:3, 480p, 25fps. I shared that feedback in a couple of channels for anybody else who may have been stuck. It could be useful to keep the information available for people to search. For example, if somebody used v4l2-loopback as a search query, they would probably find the above tip. It may also be possible for dev-room managers to curate their chat history or decide if it belongs in a public archive on a case-by-case basis. Regards, Daniel -- Debian Developer https://danielpocock.com