On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Dag Wieers <dag@wieers.com> wrote:
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Philip Paeps wrote:
On 2008-12-29 16:07:04 (+0100), Christophe Vandeplas <
cvandeplas@fosdem.org> wrote:
On 12/29/08 3:58 PM, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
Is this beer event non-smoking ?
In Belgium the legislation is so that: - No smoking in restaurants - In Bars it's allowed to smoke.
Usually bars have a smoking and non-smoking area.
HAHAHAHAHA! Delusions!
Expect to be engulfed by a cloud of poisonous gasses at all times during the FOSDEM beer event. There is no space for a non-smoking area. It's a bar, and we fill it. Completely and utterly. Down to the last square ångström.
If the bar is completely filled by FOSDEM people, we can ask everyone not to smoke inside. There is no law in Belgium forbidding to make an event non-smoking.
And since most countries already have laws to disallow smoking in bars (and Belgium will introduce them as well if we ever get a government that can make decisions again) I don't see why we cannot protect the non-smoking people and ask smokers to go outside.
There are more smoking than non-smoking people.
-- -- dag wieers, dag@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ -- [Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors] _______________________________________________
Dear Dag, I suppose you intend to write 'more non-smoking that smoking people'. As indicated by all surveys. I agree with you : the smokers, as a minority, should go outside to smoke, and I would expect the FOSDEM organization to take this logical decision. Regards. Bruno