On Fri, 08 Feb 2013, Dodji Seketeli wrote:
I too found that FOSDEM was great this year too. I have been attending the event each year for over a decade now and I must say that I am impressed to see it kick ass like this year over year.
Do the organizers know approximately how many attendants did the registration this year?
According to closing event, there was around 7000 visitors : http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8219/8445085831_4a6d5263ac_h.jpg
(extrapolated from number of connections on the network)
This estimate uses too many unverified hypotheses like the number of devices per visitor and, implicitly, the percentage of the time when visitors were connected on the network. A much more accurate estimate would be the number of flyers printed less the number of flyers remaining after FOSDEM. Does anyone have these numbers? anyway: great event once again; thanks to the org team. It seems like Brussels has become the centre of the Free Software world :) -- Ludovic Brenta.