HI Jon, Great to see more hams at fosdem! :-) As we did in 2015, we will be promoting hamradio in our infobooth in the AW building so feel free to come and visit us for a chat! There will be no VHF/UHF station but out goal is to have a HF station showing up digital modes (you know, all these "spacey-sounds") and do a demo on receiving satellites, but we are still looking with the people from FOSDEM how to organised this safely. F.Y.I, I propose to use the calling frequencies on 70 cm: 433.500 for FM and 433.450 for DMR (id 9 / TS 2). Local repeaters are ON0UBA (439.225, -7.6), FM/echolink (subtone: 131.8 Hz) + C4FM ON0PRX (438.4125, -7.6), DMR on the brandmeister network. Kristoff (ON1ARF) On 12-01-17 22:39, Jon Fautley wrote:
On 31 Jan 2016, at 6:55, Kristoff wrote:
Hi,
For any fellow hams who happenn to have taken their handheld radio with them, I am visiting FOSDEM today and will be QRV and calling "CQ FOSDEM" at 433.500 Mhz (calling frequency 70 cm) FM inbetween talks.
Reviving an old thread, but as a reminder for those of you suitably equipped (and licensed!) that there’ll likely be FOSDEM attendees monitoring the amateur bands.
I’ll have my 70cm DMR/Analog radio with me again this year.
73 de Jon (ON/)M0NGY _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem