Hi, On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 10:28:10AM +0000, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
I’ll gladly wear the 2000 OSDEM one
So will I :)
But the year _was_ an "off-by-one" error ... s/2000/2001/
I sill remember the t-shirt. I could wear my original SuSE not openSUSE t-shirt. But.. don't want to upset the Debian people :) At about 2000/2001 we were thinking that Fosdem was going to fail. Not enough people. Looks like we were wrong. Nice to see that the conference that I started back in 1994 as OSDEM
1994!? I understood there has been only one OSDEM-event, in 2000 or 2001. I read at https://archive.fosdem.org/2002/about/1200.html from sept 2001: "The first event was called OSDEM. The next edition will be called FOSDEM" which seems to support that. Do you have a link to stuff from the late nineties?
has survived this long. Even if it's not quite the same thing. I remember RMS claimed all of the credit for my own work with - https://www.ulb.be/. Which I never mentioned to anyone else. Never mind. We had some effect on the world around us. That was important at the time and probably even more important at a time when people like Trump claim that they are political leaders.
Yup :) C U in about 3 weeks, Bye, Joost