On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 22:59, Sylvain Munaut <246tnt@gmail.com> wrote:
I had the BTS with me last year and I did some tests, and it showed that two BTS wouldn't quite do the trick.
Partial coverage is better than no coverage. This is mainly about the coolness factor, giving you a place to play with real users, etc. At least, that is my interpretation.
For example, for the 27C3 event, that has a much more compact area to cover (everything is in the same building and not spread around), we use six nano BTS (on 3 different site, each site have 2 BTS configured as multi-TRX).
True, but the reception area along with the main stands should be doable if you position yourself at the stairs in the middle, no? That would leave one transmitter for Janson or one of the feeding areas.
If we can have the hardware, I can introduce a new request.
This might be obvious, but did you poke openbsc@lists.gnumonks.org ?
But we'd have to be sure to get the HW and FOSDEM org support because the license isn't free (couple hundred euros or so).
I just talked to Jochen Maes about it. As long as Fosdem staff does not have to do any work, they are fine with it. Obviously, you can get a switchport and an IP or two if you need them, but other than that, you would need to arrange for all equipment and work yourself. Personally, I have no problem donating something so you don't have to pay for the full licence out of your own pocket. I don't know if I will arrive early enough to join the beer event, let alone do any preparation work on friday. Richard