On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 01:03:02PM +0000, Matthew Wild wrote:
Hi Wouter,
On 13 February 2012 19:59, Wouter Verhelst <w@uter.be> wrote:
Hi,
I've started uploading the first videos recorded at FOSDEM for the main tracks, lightning talks, and cross-distribution devroom.
Please note that not all videos are available yet, and that they need to be synced to our mirror network first before you'll be able to watch them.
What's the status on the video uploads?
We're probably about 90% through uploading videos. Of course, the last bits to do are the more complex ones to handle, but I'm hoping to be ready by the end of the week. Unfortunately, we lost some talks. Some due to the fact that we were not yet completely set up by the time talks started in the room, other because for a reason that is not entirely clear to me yet, recording stopped in some rooms on Sunday before all talks had been recorded. It was not a disk space issue, since all recording laptops still had disk available. It may have been operator error or misconfiguration on our part. As a result, we won't be able to upload all talks, although the damage luckily isn't too massive.
It seems many (most?) of the main track talks are up, but the FreedomBox one is not yet (it was the closing keynote in janson). Just checking it's still on its way :)
I'm afraid Janson was one of the rooms where recording stopped unexpectedly. This happened sometime during the Apache Cassandra talk, so the FreedomBox talk was not recorded. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. If it's any solace, I really wanted to see the FreedomBox talk myself, but was so busy wrapping up in the other rooms during that time that I couldn't; so I thought "oh well, I'll just watch the video afterwards"... -- The volume of a pizza of thickness a and radius z can be described by the following formula: pi zz a