On 2012-02-01 19:01:19 (+0100), markus reichelt <ml@mareichelt.com> wrote:
* Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx> wrote:
On 01 Feb 2012, at 18:45, markus reichelt wrote:
* Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
Like last year and the years before, we will be outside. Sunday at 14:00. Expect the weather to be bad. Not "snow to your groin" bad, but "cold and generally miserable" bad. Dress accordingly and come prepared. The faster we get through the keysigning, the faster we can get back inside.
What is the Plan B for the keysigning party in case of rainy weather? There's got to be Plan B. And because of the nice weather I'd very much like to see Plan B to put into action.
People bring umbrellas and raincoats. That's what "dress appropriately" means.
... there's limits.
Indeed. They are there to be explored and broken. Mount Everest because it's there. Where is your sense of adventure? Real Hackers[tm] would underwater keysigning or keysigning on the South Pole!
A keysigning party in this kind of weather is just not feasible.
History proves you wrong.
Well of course it does...
I attended just for the keysigning party in 2009, 2010, and 2011. You cannot compare this year's weather to just "cold & windy" as the years before. I also remember who chickened out and didn't attend because of the 'cold' weather - dressed in a tshirt - being listed as organizer of the event :-)
I should point out that I have attended personally every single keysigning event, regardless of weather, except for last year's. Not because I was cold being dressed in a t-shirt (I do bring a coat to FOSDEM) but because I was starving from running around like a headless chicken for the whole weekend. While you were all out signing keys, I was queueing for food. In a t-shirt. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information