On 2008-10-26 10:34:42 (-0400), Louis Suarez-Potts <Louis.Suarez-Potts@Sun.COM> wrote:
On 2008-10-17, at 04:45 , Philip Paeps wrote:
On 2008-10-16 19:15:26 (-0400), Louis Suarez-Potts <Louis.Suarez-Potts@Sun.COM wrote:
How are we supposed to propose dev rooms, speakers, etc? I find the process a little confusing, this time around.....
A call for devrooms will be sent out Real Soon Now[tm]. On that front, we're on the same timeline as last year.
Speakers can still be suggested using the form on the website.
Thanks; I suggested for now one speaker--ego--but will get others in OOo to suggest more.
Super - thanks.
Our devroom worked great last year--so much so that Pascal said he thought it important that OpenOffice.org be given more space this next time. I am concerned, then, that we will encounter what we did last time, an overflow room and insufficient time to address the really very strong interest in OpenOffice.org development.
All the devrooms were cramped. It's a problem we have had for a number of years. We will move devrooms into a further away building this year, which has larger rooms but is a bitch to signpost and to network. We'll see how that goes.
Pretty popular application, you know. :-)
For reasons I will never understand. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. Celibacy is not hereditary.