On 09/01/2022 23:26, Jens Finkhäuser wrote:
Don't put words into other people's mouth. Let "the entire academic community" speak for itself.
I hope they do. Many mailing lists, even LibrePlanet, are subject to some sort of censorship now.
Liberty is an often misunderstood concept. It's not everyone doing whatever they want. If it impacts the ability of others to participate, it's not liberty, but privilege. A Code of Conduct tries to ensure that that's not happening.
You want to rant about that, that's your choice. Not one I would take.
No, I don't want to rant. I am presenting both sides of the story A rant only covers one side of the story. There have been numerous legal cases on Academic Liberty Each case has been decided on its merits For example, in Australia, we have two opposite examples: Prof Tim Anderson - the court agreed with the professor Prof Peter Ridd - the court did not agree with the professor In respect of the code of conduct, I am not publishing links to the image created by Prof Anderson and I don't plan to integrate his imagery into my personal blog posts. Regards, Daniel -- Debian Developer https://danielpocock.com