On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 02:19:15PM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On ke, 08 tammi 2020, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
Alexander
I gave a talk and led a workshop at OSDEM 2001. At the time, organizers were saying it is their first international event but that they had some events before at the university.
The first OSDEM session I went to was in 1995. Early talks were about the HTTP protocol and a stand up row about MySQL. Some others as well. I remember because at that time Eurostar had just been built. All of us from England were a bit knocked out about the new train service to Brussels. Quite an engineering feat. No idea how all of the OSDEM list archive vanished into nowhere.
Raphael did setup OSDEM mailing list in November/December 2000 on his server. May be there was something else before but the original one is not available anymore as well.
A bit of historical reference: https://www.sudo.ws/pipermail/sudo-users/2000-December/000455.html
Nice catch!
Too bad we have no archives left...
Indeed. There's https://archive.fosdem.org/2001/ too, but that does indeed not have an archive of the list which used to be at http://www.raphinou.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/osdem/ ... Bye, Joost