On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:31 AM, Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
On 2012-02-10 02:22:28 (+0100), Raffaele Recalcati <lamiaposta71@gmail.com> wrote:
As I believe in this conference growing years-by-years I'm convinced that a proper presentation archive is needed.
We've had a presentation archive for ages. If it's not proper, we need to fix that. Currently, we just link the presentations to the schedule. That seems to be a natural fit.
Obviously we need the collection of presentation and a good storage to put it. In order to solve the first item I guess an announcement on these and other ml like this "Hey 2012 speaker, can you please send us your presentation? We'll put it on the website".
We just email speakers directly and ask them for their presentations at the same time we ask for their expense claims. If all goes well, that email should go out before the weekend and presentations will start trickling in shortly after that.
For the second one I have no idea what is your server situation and if some more organization or money are needed.
Infrastructure is not a problem at the moment. If you think you have too much money, we'd be more than happy to fix that for you, however. :)
Not personally, but I'll try something on this direction.
I think that the team comes very tired to the end of FOSDEM and it is natural that it is very difficult also to do this job.
In any case, I'm convinced that 2012 presentation archive is very useful for people, like me, who coudn't come, but who would like to have all of the interesting information.
What can I do to fix this situation?
Wait patiently for another week or so. :) Drink a beer. Go for a walk. Write some code. Presentations will turn up online in due course.
That's very nice, so I'll have a little FOSDEM inside my company on some items. Raffaele -- www.opensurf.it