Hello, I met Xavier De Blas, the developer of Chronojump(1) at the "Trophées du libre" the international free software contest(2). He presents an amazing conference called "Linux Show" since 2001. More info here : http://www.xdeblas.com/linuxshow/ http://www.xdeblas.com/cgi-bin/ascodewiki?reviews http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6XtSgStGs I think, it should be great to invite him to FOSDEM. Regards Mathieu Laurent 1 : http://www.gnome.org/projects/chronojump/ 2 : http://www.tropheesdulibre.org/?lang=en My project : http://www.claroline.net
Hello,
I met Xavier De Blas, the developer of Chronojump(1) at the "Trophées du libre" the international free software contest(2). He presents an amazing conference called "Linux Show" since 2001.
More info here : http://www.xdeblas.com/linuxshow/ http://www.xdeblas.com/cgi-bin/ascodewiki?reviews http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6XtSgStGs
I think, it should be great to invite him to FOSDEM.
I was the organizer of a event here in Spain some years ago and we hired him, what a big error. At least when we did, he asked for an incredible amount of money (I can't remember but it was a lot, for what he does...), he also wanted to be treated like a rock star (aside from the money he wanted his room to be paid as well..) So, the point is, it's just a show, yes, but is it worth it? From my point of view and taking into account what I saw, no. Maybe he has changed his cache and his behaviour, let us know what happens! All the best, Manuel
participants (2)
-
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez -
Mathieu Laurent