[Microkernel-devroom] Talk proposal: The agony of choice
Hi folks, I know I definitely missed the deadline, but I've heard you're still looking for another talk for the next-to-last slot? I would like to propose a 30-45min talk about the following topic: [title] The agony of choice - the diversity of microkernels in Genode [name] Stefan Kalkowski [abstract] One shiny aspect of the Genode OS framework is its diversity with respect to microkernels and hardware platforms it's running on top of. Although primarily of interest to clients and users, this property provides some hidden benefits to the system-developer itself. This talk is basically an experience report. It will give you an insight into the benefits and troubles of developing on a diverse biotope, the strength and weaknesses of the available platforms, how Genode gets ported to a kernel, and what is basically necessary from the kernel's perspective to drive Genode. The last point will be illustrated by introducing recent developments of a hybrid kernel/user API in Genode. [short bio] Stefan Kalkowski has been working with the Genode OS framework since it's first beginnings. His diploma thesis is based on the first version of it (at that time it was labeled 'Bastei'). Since then, he became a Genode-enthusiast. Before joining Genode Labs as an employee about two and a half years ago, he was working for two years at the Operating Systems Group of TU Dresden as a PhD student. [links] http://genode.org (project website) http://www.genode-labs.com (company website) [photo] -> see attachment [git repo] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode Regards Stefan -- Stefan Kalkowski Genode Labs http://www.genode-labs.com/ · http://genode.org/ Genode Labs GmbH · Amtsgericht Dresden · HRB 28424 · Sitz Dresden Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske, Christian Helmuth
Thanks Stefan, the updated schedule is here: http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/track/microkernel_os_devroom Best, Jakub On 17.1.2012 15:33, Stefan Kalkowski wrote:
Hi folks,
I know I definitely missed the deadline, but I've heard you're still looking for another talk for the next-to-last slot? I would like to propose a 30-45min talk about the following topic:
[title] The agony of choice - the diversity of microkernels in Genode
[name] Stefan Kalkowski
[abstract] One shiny aspect of the Genode OS framework is its diversity with respect to microkernels and hardware platforms it's running on top of. Although primarily of interest to clients and users, this property provides some hidden benefits to the system-developer itself. This talk is basically an experience report. It will give you an insight into the benefits and troubles of developing on a diverse biotope, the strength and weaknesses of the available platforms, how Genode gets ported to a kernel, and what is basically necessary from the kernel's perspective to drive Genode. The last point will be illustrated by introducing recent developments of a hybrid kernel/user API in Genode.
[short bio] Stefan Kalkowski has been working with the Genode OS framework since it's first beginnings. His diploma thesis is based on the first version of it (at that time it was labeled 'Bastei'). Since then, he became a Genode-enthusiast. Before joining Genode Labs as an employee about two and a half years ago, he was working for two years at the Operating Systems Group of TU Dresden as a PhD student.
[links] http://genode.org (project website) http://www.genode-labs.com (company website)
[photo] -> see attachment
[git repo] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode
Regards Stefan
_______________________________________________ Microkernel-devroom mailing list Microkernel-devroom@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/microkernel-devroom
Am Dienstag, den 17.01.2012, 16:24 +0100 schrieb Jakub Jermar:
Thanks Stefan,
the updated schedule is here:
http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/track/microkernel_os_devroom
I am really looking forward to this one! :) Regards, Julian
participants (3)
-
Jakub Jermar -
Julian Stecklina -
Stefan Kalkowski