[FOSDEM] Some FOSDEM speakers revealed

Sven Aerts aertssven at mac.com
Sat Nov 18 18:38:00 CET 2006

Hi Christophe,

cf your email:

On 18 Nov 2006, at 17:34, Christophe Vandeplas wrote:
> We are proud to announce the first list of speakers that will be
> present
> at the FOSDEM 2007 Conference, Brussels (Belgium).
>
> First of all Jim Gettys, the Vice President of Software at OLPC, will
> speak about the One Laptop Per Child project during either the
> keynote or
> the closing talk.

we'd like to join Jim Gettys'conference.
We've initiated the Youth Flanking initiative to the OLPC.
In may 2006, some 25 youth leaders from 15 EU countries gathered in
Ankara-Turkey in a workshop on IT4YI - Information/internet
Technologies for Youth Initiatives.
Can you tell us when and where we might fit in to talk about our
initiative?

Among the projects initiated/worked on were:

- Creation of a Free and Open Virtual Office for all Youth
Initiatives on the Planet : http://it4yi-wiki.skn.wsinf.edu.pl/MainPage

- the OLPC-Youth Flanking Initiative= One Laptop Per Child ... I
guess you've heard about this.  The MIT-Boston won a competition
launched by Kofi Anan to make a 100 € computer.  Here it is:
wifi, can be powered by cranking ... open source, ....it's just
great ... They are only available to governments... in orders of 1
million ... the first orders have been placed ... and will arrive by
the end of 2006.  Nice ... and what next?  We want to kick-start with
your help the Worlds first RealWorld and Virtual World Workshop with
groups of youngsters from the first world and those first LOADS of
youngsters from developing countries ... we have techniques to link
remote villages the internet and we want to explain them, give
workshops on all this for the better of humanity and contribute to
the creation of World Peace.

http://it4yi-wiki.skn.wsinf.edu.pl/YouthandtheOLPCinitiative

- IT4YI = IT for Youth Initiatives... we programmed a set of tools
that make a "Virtual Office", enabling working over the web.  From
the summer of 2006, all Youth Initiatives all over the World have
free access to all these tools, can make websites in a couple of
minutes... hosting is offered by a Polish University. Anyway... it's
really cool and the project won a price by the EC and the DG 4
Education and Culture. We want your help to spread this news and
learn Youth Leaders all over the Planet about this tool and push it
to the United Nations: 1 open place where all youth initiatives can
be mentioned and worked out, improved, ... we want to explain, give
workshops on all this for the better of humanity and contribute to
the creation of World Peace.

In name of the IT4YI and WYPS,

Sven-Belgium/Brussels
One of the 180 official EU Youth Trainers as per Salto Youth Trainer
Database
GSM:   +32 (0)487/580.265

PS
Please publish in your magazines, contact us for interviews and forward.