[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2009 beer event

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Mon Dec 29 16:51:32 CET 2008

On 2008-12-29 16:28:15 (+0100), Bruno Costacurta <bcostacurta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry but can someone there in Brussels check if the Delirium Café has a
> *real* smoking / non-smoking areas ?

It doesn't.  It's a bar.  It gets filled with people.  It is not possible to
contain smoke.  Years of second-hand smoke permeates every surface too.

> Personally I never seen the separation of mixed areas (meaning sharing same
> physical place) be respected by the smoke of cigarettes (and unfortunately
> neither by smokers of course).

Yes.

It's like a corner for pissing in a swimming pool.

I don't have time for fighting windmills.  We're all dying 24 hours a day,
inhaling some more second hand poison gas or less won't make the difference.

Reality: bars contain smoke.  If you don't want smoke, the bar is probably not
for you.  If you want to try to change reality: by all means, but be prepared
to put up with smoke in the reality you're going to try to change.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip at fosdem.org                                subscribed to the list.

  Spell it right, I find your miss spelling offensive.
  	-- dif2 on ukc.misc