[FOSDEM] Conflict with LCA [was Re: Dates for FOSDEM 2013: 2 & 3 February]

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Mon Aug 13 18:13:56 CEST 2012

On 2012-08-13 10:32:43 (-0500), Tom Marble <tmarble at info9.net> wrote:
> On 08/07/2012 10:44 AM, Philip Paeps wrote:
> > All, we have recently agreed with our venue that FOSDEM 2013 will take
> > place on Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 February 2013.  It is safe to assume that
> > there will also be a beer event as usual, on Friday 1 February 2013.
> >
> > Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
>
> There is a small community of people would are hoping to attend
> both Linux Conf Australia (LCA) [0] and FOSDEM next year.

That is unfortunate.

> I fully appreciate how complex it is to select dates and
> organize FOSDEM (thank you for such an awesome conference)!
>
> Are the dates with ULB "written in stone"?

Yes.  They're carved in concrete.  We are completely dependent on our venue
for dates.  The first weekend of February is the only one that does not in
some way conflict with their academic calendar.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to organize anything anywhere
without conflicting in some way with something else.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer