[FOSDEM] General strike likely to impact FOSDEM?

Wouter Verhelst wouter at debian.org
Mon Jan 30 11:40:22 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:30:26AM +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it likely that the general, or some other, strike will be extended
> or repeated in a way which will affect FOSDEM? Local news tells me
> Bruessels is in a total deadlock and I would like to prepare if
> necessary.

Well, I didn't go through Brussels today (yet), but from what I saw
during my morning commute the "general" strike is fairly "generally"
ignored. Then again, that was just a 30-minute car trip over the N26, so
not a highway.

Also, as others have said, the likeliness of this strike being extended
for more than one day, let alone a week, is very low.

the following formula:

pi zz a