[FOSDEM] Distributions Developer Devroom: Call for Participation

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 20:20:27 CET 2013

Once again, FOSDEM will have a cross-distribution miniconference on 1 & 2 February 2014. We'd like to invite submissions of talks, Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions, or round-table discussions from any interested representatives of Linux distributions or individuals who have a topic of interest related to Linux distributions.

Proposals should be submitted through the FOSDEM proposal system (Pentabarf) here:

https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM14

You'll add your session title, speaker bio, and abstract for the talk. If you've presented or submitted at FOSDEM previously, you should have an account in Pentabarf. If you haven't created an account, but have presented at FOSDEM previously *please* contact me before creating an account - the odds are you have an account that was created previously by the FOSDEM organizers.

Deadline for submissions is 22 December 2013. Since we're on a tight timeline, this is unlikely to be extended.

In addition to speakers, we also need one moderator for each day, and a video volunteer for each day. The moderator will introduce the speaker, keep time, and pass the microphone around for questions. The video volunteer will handle recording of sessions with provided equipment. (Don't worry, we'll also provide training as well.)

The call for participation is going out a bit late, so please do speak up quickly if you're interested in participating! Also, please do help spread the word so we can ensure the best possible program for this year's FOSDEM.

Best,

jzb