[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2013 comment

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:27:53 CET 2013

2013/2/6 Dick Stomp <dick.stomp at gmail.com>:
> 1 the beer event on friday was for me (an 75 years old expert in software
> and beer) not accessible... A crowd before the three entries of Delirium,
> all equipped with beer and I'm standing dry and could not enter the
> premises...

Yeah, the Beer event was fun and all, but it has grown a bit out of
control in my opinion. I didn't have that many problems the past
years.

At some point we were stuck in the middle of a pushing crowd and there
was a pregnant lady with us, so we got quite scared and we ended up
split.

I had a couple of tokens with me but decided to give up, asked the guy
to take them back so that I could reach my people, and he firmly
denied. Not a big deal, but it pisses you off after you've done so
many donations of all kind and somebody refuses a simple courtesy like
this.

Perhaps it makes sense to either try some more crowd control (the two
guys of the security were really helpless with so many people) or
split the event in more pubs around the area.

But well, this is also part of the fun I guess!

Overall the experience was great, and the organisers did an amazing job.

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

IcedRobot: www.icedrobot.org
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/