[FOSDEM] Accepted developer rooms

Wynke Stulemeijer wynke at fosdem.org
Thu Oct 3 09:30:32 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 06:44:23AM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 2013-10-03 om 00:41 schreef Philip Paeps:
> > We are pleased to announce the list of developer rooms that will be
> > organised at FOSDEM 2014.
> >
> > Developer rooms are assigned to self-organising groups to work together
> > on open source projects, to discuss topics relevant to a broader subset
> > of the community, etc.  The individual developer room organisers will
> > issue their calls for participation in the next few days.
> >
> > Watch this space.
>
> and especially for communication stuff like XMPP and/or VoIP

(...)

> Not found. What a pitty there is nothing about UC, unified communication.
>
> Where to find information how to do it next time better?
> (Hopefully it documents how to add late requests for a dev room)

Hi Geert,

Every year, we receive many great proposals for developer rooms, and we
only have a limited number of rooms available. Unfortunately, that means
there are always proposals that we have to reject, not because they were
bad, but because there were more 'better' proposals than available
rooms. And that is exactly what you have to do to get a developer room,
have a proposal that is interesting enough to be one of the best N
proposals received (where N is the number of available rooms). It's hard
to say what you have to do to achieve that, as that depends on all the
other proposals made.

As for late requests, I'm sorry, but that is not an option. The deadline
has passed, and all the rooms have been assigned.

So, better luck next time...

Kind regards,

Wynke.