[FOSDEM] It's time for a Code of Conduct

Jens Finkhäuser jens at finkhaeuser.de
Fri Oct 30 14:55:35 CET 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 02:01:03PM +0100, Pieter Hintjens wrote:
> To put the responsibility of this onto the organizers is not a
> coherent demand.
  Disagree. Like it or not, organizers are community leaders; it's
their responsibility.

> Do we agree also that rules + enforcement are a weak to implausible
> solution? Abusive people do not care about rules. They enjoy breaking
> them.
  Disagree. The community can police itself, but only if it knows what
its own policy is. It is up to the community leadership to put
policy in place, and tools for escalation.

> Do we agree that support and intervention during/after incidents is a
> plausible solution?
  Agree, but not in exclusion of everything else.

--
1.21 Jiggabytes of memory ought to be enough for anybody.