[FOSDEM] FOSDEM Call for Participation: Rust Devroom
itkovian at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 21:14:50 CEST 2018
Please find below the CfP for the Rust devroom at FOSDEM 2019, 2-3 February 2019, Brussel, Belgium
Welcome to the 2nd edition of the Rust devroom, co-located with FOSDEM 2019 (https://fosdem.org/2019/). FOSDEM is an annual conference about free and open source software, attended by over 8000 developers and open-source enthusiasts from all over the world.
The devroom is a colocated conference-within-a-conference that gives us the opportunity to come together and chat, hack, and share stories about Rust usage in FLOSS ecosystems.
The devroom will take place on Sunday, 3 February 2019, at [ULB (Campus Solbosch)](https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1632534522), in Brussels, Belgium. Join us to enjoy a full day of talks, demos and interesting discussions on Rust.
We welcome any talk proposals about Rust-related projects.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The Rust language
- Recent features and future roadmap
- Architecting large projects
- Rust usage across FLOSS projects (Tor, VLC, Gnome, Firefox, etc.)
- Projects written in Rust (show and tell, architecture and API design)
- Build tools (cargo, clippy, rustfmt, etc.)
- Packaging libraries and executables written in Rust
- Profiling, FFI, etc.
- Documentation and education initiatives
- Community initiatives
- How to contribute
- RFC process
Slots will be allocated for short (20 minutes) and long (40 minutes) talks.
Speakers need to specify their preferred format. Both include time for questions and answers.
Depending on number of submissions and topics, submitters could be asked for a different format instead.
We invite authors to submit original, high-quality work with sufficient background material to be clear to the Rust community.
Please be aware of the fact that Devroom talks at FOSDEM will be recorded. By submitting a proposal you agree to being recorded and to have your talk made available.
Submissions must include:
- Session type
- Session length
- Expected prior knowledge / intended audience
- Speaker bio
- Links to code / slides / material for the talk (optional)
- Links to previous talks by the speaker
Please submit through https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM19
When submitting your talk in Pentabarf, make sure to select the 'Rust Devroom' as the 'Track’.
If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous FOSDEM edition, please reuse it.
Create an account if, and only if, you don't have one from a previous year. If you have any issues with Pentabarf, do not despair: contact rust [dash] devroom [at] lists.fosdem.org <http://lists.fosdem.org/>
- Call for papers available: 14 October 2018
- Call for participation closes: 25 November 2018
- Devroom schedule available: 16 December 2018
- Devroom day: Sunday 3 February 2019 (09:00 to 17:00)
Sounds interesting? Submit your talk proposal and we will hopefully see you in Brussels!
On behalf of the organisers,
— Andy Georges
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM