[FOSDEM] 20 years of t-shirts - a photo op?

Joost van Baal-Ilić joostvb-fosdem at mdcc.cx
Wed Jan 8 10:46:25 CET 2020

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 10:28:10AM +0000, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

> >> I’ll gladly wear the 2000 OSDEM one

So will I :)

> > But the year _was_ an "off-by-one" error ...
> > s/2000/2001/
>
> I sill remember the t-shirt. I could wear my original SuSE not
> openSUSE t-shirt. But.. don't want to upset the Debian people :) At
> about 2000/2001 we were thinking that Fosdem was going to fail. Not
> enough people. Looks like we were wrong. Nice to see that the
> conference that I started back in 1994 as OSDEM

1994!?  I understood there has been only one OSDEM-event, in 2000 or 2001.  I
read at https://archive.fosdem.org/2002/about/1200.html from sept 2001: "The
first event was called OSDEM. The next edition will be called FOSDEM" which
seems to support that.

Do you have a link to stuff from the late nineties?

> has survived this
> long. Even if it's not quite the same thing. I remember RMS claimed
> all of the credit for my own work with - https://www.ulb.be/. Which I
> never mentioned to anyone else. Never mind. We had some effect on the
> world around us. That was important at the time and probably even more
> important at a time when people like Trump claim that they are
> political leaders.

Yup :)

C U in about 3 weeks, Bye,

Joost