[FOSDEM] Prototype Fund has started the eighth call for proposals - apply by March 31st

Patricia Leu patricia at prototypefund.de
Wed Feb 5 10:21:13 CET 2020

Dear FOSDEM team,

the Prototype Fund´s 8th call for applications has started this week. We
would be very pleased if you liked to spread the word.

47.500€ for your Public Interest Tech ideas, apply now!

The Prototype Fund, a public funding programme for innovative Open Source
technologies in the public interest, recently launched its eighth call for
ideas –  we are looking forward to your applications.

With the current round we are looking for ideas and projects in the realm
of data security, civic tech, data literacy and infrastructure.

We also published a blogpost featuring an overview of current trends and
topics in the tech community as well as existing projects that we
appreciate, to give a contextual understanding of the topic (apologies, in
german only:
<https://prototypefund.de/unser-themenschwerpunkt-fuer-runde-7-engineering-trust-vertrauen-bauen/>
LINK)

At one glance:

Grants: Up to 47.500 per project.

Duration of project: Six months.

Application process: Answer eight short questions
<https://prototypefund.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Beispielansicht-Fragenformular-PTF-Bewerbungsdatenbank.pdf>
in German about your project via prototypefund.de („Jetzt bewerben“-Button)

Who’s eligible: Developers and small teams that have their residence in
Germany, are eligible to work as freelancers and pay their taxes in
Germany. Projects must be released under an Open Source license.

Deadline: March 31st, 2020

We especially want to encourage women and people from other groups
underrepresented in tech/software development to apply.

More information is available here: www.prototypefund.de or on Twitter and
Mastodon (@prototypefund). Feel free to write us an e-mail if you have any
questions: bewerbung at prototypefund.de

Best regards,
Patricia Leu

--
Patricia Leu
Communication & Content

prototypefund.de | @prototypefund

Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e. V.
Singerstr. 109 | 10179 Berlin
www.okfn.de | @okfde