[FOSDEM] [FOSDEM Feedback] matrix accounts on fosdem.org ... do they stay?

Shin Ice shin.ice at shinice.net
Tue Feb 9 07:58:29 UTC 2021

good morning,

Am Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 01:43:23PM +0100 schrieb Richard Hartmann:
> I thought about this a lot. Initially I thought we should keep it, but:
>
> Ongoing maintenance can be automated away. But what about abuse
> reports, etc? From freenode, I know how much time that eats, and it
> never ends. Do we have the people who want to commit to doing that
> work?

I won't go by with this.
Without disclosing names, have you get in touch with the people behind
the moderation and did you asked them about this? I think not.

There is the option to let chat.fosdem.org alive, freezing/deleting now (or even
in a few weeks) the community is not a good step after what we achieved
here...imho!

greetings
Shin

--

I'm just a placeholder for a really awesome signature...
...that is still missing *sob*