[FOSDEM] [FOSDEM Feedback] matrix accounts on fosdem.org ... do they stay?

Claus R. Wickinghoff webby at sundancer.oche.de
Tue Feb 9 10:06:02 UTC 2021

Hello,

just my thoughts (as a long term visitor):

FOSDEM is a conference and all the years before we had only our
memories, own notes etc. left afterwards.
(Not to forget the recorded talks not to forget, great achievement!)

This year I saved the relevant discussions (where I was involved and
what might still be worth looking at as it contains technical stuff, not
the coffee talk).
These took place either in a public place (devroom chat) or it was
personal communication. So it should be safe regarding GPDR.

I'm fine with shutting down the servers soon and delete all data.

Everybody who joined the conference is surely impressed by the system
that was build and even with some issues in the t-shirt shop in the
beginning it was really impressive!

Now we've seen what's possible and people interested can build their own
servers or federations or just register an account somewhere. I don't
think this is a task for the FOSDEM team.

FOSDEM is a lighthouse event in the Free and Open * universe, there is
no need to push this brand by running additional services 24/7.

As I said, just MHO :-)

Groetjes
    Claus

Claus R. Wickinghoff, Dipl.-Ing.
using Linux since 1994 and still happy... :-)