[FOSDEM] [FOSDEM Feedback] matrix accounts on fosdem.org ... do they stay?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Tue Feb 9 10:17:53 UTC 2021

On 09/02/2021 11:06, Claus R. Wickinghoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just my thoughts (as a long term visitor):
>
> FOSDEM is a conference and all the years before we had only our
> memories, own notes etc. left afterwards.
> (Not to forget the recorded talks not to forget, great achievement!)
>
> This year I saved the relevant discussions (where I was involved and
> what might still be worth looking at as it contains technical stuff, not
> the coffee talk).
> These took place either in a public place (devroom chat) or it was
> personal communication. So it should be safe regarding GPDR.
>
> I'm fine with shutting down the servers soon and delete all data.

There are some interesting discoveries in the chat logs

For example, I found that my OBS setup (via v4l2-loopback) was not
recognized by Jitsi in FOSDEM but it works fine with regular Jitsi.
After investigating, I found that OBS needs to be configured for a 4:3
aspect ratio instead of 16:9 output, then it worked.  I finally used
4:3, 480p, 25fps.

I shared that feedback in a couple of channels for anybody else who may
have been stuck.

It could be useful to keep the information available for people to
search.  For example, if somebody used v4l2-loopback as a search query,
they would probably find the above tip.

It may also be possible for dev-room managers to curate their chat
history or decide if it belongs in a public archive on a case-by-case basis.

Regards,

Daniel

--
Debian Developer