[FOSDEM] [FOSDEM Feedback] matrix accounts on fosdem.org ... do they stay?

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Tue Feb 9 10:28:56 UTC 2021

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 11:18 AM Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> wrote:
> On 09/02/2021 11:06, Claus R. Wickinghoff wrote:
> > just my thoughts (as a long term visitor):
> >
> > FOSDEM is a conference and all the years before we had only our
> > memories, own notes etc. left afterwards.
> > (Not to forget the recorded talks not to forget, great achievement!)
> >
> > This year I saved the relevant discussions (where I was involved and
> > what might still be worth looking at as it contains technical stuff, not
> > the coffee talk).
> > These took place either in a public place (devroom chat) or it was
> > personal communication. So it should be safe regarding GPDR.
> >
> > I'm fine with shutting down the servers soon and delete all data.
> >

> There are some interesting discoveries in the chat logs
>
> For example, I found that my OBS setup (via v4l2-loopback) was not
> recognized by Jitsi in FOSDEM but it works fine with regular Jitsi.
> After investigating, I found that OBS needs to be configured for a 4:3
> aspect ratio instead of 16:9 output, then it worked.  I finally used
> 4:3, 480p, 25fps.
>
> I shared that feedback in a couple of channels for anybody else who may
> have been stuck.
>
> It could be useful to keep the information available for people to
> search.  For example, if somebody used v4l2-loopback as a search query,
> they would probably find the above tip.
>
> It may also be possible for dev-room managers to curate their chat
> history or decide if it belongs in a public archive on a case-by-case basis.

In general, dev-room managers should contain lots of useful information.
But given that's a lot of unstructured information buried in useless
(after the fact) data, I think it would be better for someone to go over
it, and distill the relevant information into a published FAQ.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds