CFPs for Fosedem 2015

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 12:54:03 CET 2014

Hello all,
I'm Yair Zaslavsky, A senior Sw Engineer at Red-Hat, working on oVirt open source projects.
I would like to present two presentations which deal with the work that we've done around AAA and plugins architecture for
oVirt 3.5.

Here are the details:

Type of submission: Presentation
Title: AAA in oVirt 3.5
Abstract:
    The AAA (Authentication, Authorizaion, Accounting) mechanism and methologdy was changed
    at oVirt 3.5.
    From hard coded support for various ldap vendors , all require Kerberos authentication
    a shift was made to a pluggable architecture, where there is a clear seperation between
    authentication, authorization and accounting providers.
    Instead of keeping configurations in the database, the configuration is now kept in
    easily editable config file.
    The presentation will deal with the changes made and will introduce the oVirt extensions
    API , which can be further used with other pluggable modules (i.e logging).
Speaker bio:
    Yair Zaslavsky is oVirt engine co-maintainer, and is a Senior SW Engineer
    at the SW infrasturcture group of RHEV.
    Yair mainly dealt with issues around AAA since he first started working for Red-Hat
    more than 4 years ago.
Comments: N/A
Links to the project (including its source code)
- Project: http://www.ovirt.org
Related projects
- oVirt
Type of submission: Presentation
Title: EXTAPI - an API to develop plugins
Abstract:
    In oVirt 3.5 we use  shifted the AAA to be based on pluggable architecture.
    We had several discussions and dilemmas around which plugin infrasturcture to use
    and eventually, we developed our own plugin infrastructue framework.
    The plugin infastructure framework can be used with other projects, autonmously of oVirt.
    In the presentation we will talk about the design considerations and usage of the plugin infrastructure.
Speaker bio:
    Yair Zaslavsky is oVirt engine co-maintainer, and is a Senior SW Engineer
    at the SW infrasturcture group of RHEV.
    Yair mainly dealt with issues around AAA since he first started working for Red-Hat
    more than 4 years ago.
Links to the project (including its source code)
- Project: http://www.ovirt.org
Related projects
- oVirt

Thanks you in advance, and I'm looking foreward to see you at Fosedem

Yair