Proposal: the doom of java: part 3

Blackbeard334 blackbeard334 at protonmail.com
Mon Oct 29 09:39:38 CET 2018

Abstract:
If you know what a 486 is, then you most probably know Doom(IDKFA, IDDQD).
If you don't...then shame on you!

Fast-forward a decade, and Doom 3 is released!
Fast-forward another decade, and Doom 3 is open sourced!!
Fast-forward a couple of years, and some moron starts porting Doom 3 to Java(free java even)!!!

*ahem*...I don't remember the exact reason why I
started the project, but I think I was just curious.
And to be fair, I thought I would be done in like 6 months.

So this talk will be a short overview of the status of ~4
years of development, highlighting some of the .
biggest problems(and surprises) of redeveloping a
game of this scale and complexity, in Java...

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.