[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Please submit proposals for talks!

Merlijn Hofstra mhofstra at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:01:14 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 23:49, Nils Kneuper <crazy-ivanovic at gmx.net> wrote:

> A submission should include the following information:
>
> - - Their speakers name

Merlijn Hofstra

- - The project they are associated with

 Xonotic

- - A (short) bio, to be put on the website along with their speaker name

Merlijn Hofstra has been working on various open source projects for nearly
10 years. In recent years he's been involved a lot with Xonotic and it's
predecessor Nexuiz. Currently he has a leading role in the Xonotic core
team, and mostly works on PR, legal and community related matters.

> - - (optionally) a picture of themselves
> - - The title of their session (which will go on the website and in the
> booklet)

Xonotic: The road to 1.0

> - - A (short) abstract describing the session in further detail.

This will be a introduction to what our game is all about, and a showcase
of the new features we have in our latest release and what can be expected
in the next release. I will also touch upon what happened with Nexuiz and
our reasons to fork.

> - - The desired approximate duration for the session.

45 minutes including questions.

> - - The desired timeslot in which they want to hold the session.

Preferably in the morning.

Hope this is enough information, please ask if you'd like me to elaborate
more on certain parts.

Cheers,

Merlijn