[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Talk Proposal for Gluon Project

Shreya Pandit shreya.pandit25 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 10:30:14 CET 2012

As per the announcement regarding invitation of talk proposals for the Open
source Game Development devroom, I wish to give a talk on KDE's Gaming
Application Suite , The Gluon Project . Following is a short brief up on
the same:

*Title: The Gluon Project <http://gluon.gamingfreedom.org/about-gluon>Update
**
*
*Name: Shreya Pandit

*
*Bio:
**A participant in Google Summer of Code 2013 under the KDE Community, I
have been a KDE contributor and fan for long. I have worked on
Kexi<http://www.kexi-project.org/>,
KDE’s database management application as a part of season of KDE 2011 ;
Calligra <http://www.calligra-suite.org/>, their upcoming office suite to
add various features to their word processor (Calligra Words ) and their
writer-friendly tool ( Calligra Author )  and regularly do bug fixes. My
work during GSoC involved increasing the usability and user experience for
Gluon Creator, KDE’s Game Creation Tool. A short overview of my proposal
can be found here<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/shreya_pandit/19002#>.
A graduate in Computer sciences and engineering, I will join
ThoughtWorks <http://www.thoughtworks.com/> in the coming year as an
application developer. I have presented my work in various open source
conferences such as the Desktop Summit 2011 at Berlin, Akademy 2012 in
Tallinn, Estonia and been a part of Calligra’s annual sprints. *

Abstract:

The Gluon Project is an open framework for Game Creation and  Distribution
and encompasses the needs of all alike, from the Game Author to the Game
Player  . It strives to  provide a complete ecosystem for both the
creation, distribution and feedback gathering in 2D Games.In the last
couple of  years the project has seen  progress with leaps and bounds, it
has been worked upon actively throughout the year.

This session aims at showcasing the progress of the project over the years,
along with a working demo of the latest version of the application . The
Gluon Creator and Player, crucial parts of The Gluon Project will be looked
upon. Light would also be thrown on working of Gluon on the mobile platform
.It also talks about the roadmap ahead, and garnering newer contributors.

Length: 20-30 minutes

Thanking you!
--

Shreya Pandit