[retrocomputing devroom] FOSDEM 2019 - Retrocomputing Devroom informations

François Revol revol at free.fr
Thu Jan 31 21:25:48 CET 2019

Hi everyone who managed the obstacle course of getting a talk,

I hope everyone is busy finishing their slides…

A bit late but here are some informations regarding the organization
(mostly copy-pasted from the Hardware Enablement info I must admit):

- The devroom takes place in room K.4.601 on Saturday February 2.

- Talk times include questions and next-speaker setup (which should as
  possible happen meanwhile),
- an etherpad is available for more Q&A & to add more references:
    https://bimestriel.framapad.org/p/FOSDEM_2019_RetroComputing
- I left two 5min pauses in the schedule but please stay on time,
- Please show up before your talk starts and introduce yourself to the
  people with devroom manager shirts;

- We need HDMI output this year (VGA is apparently no longer possible),
  but I bought a VGA-to-HDMI converter and I'll bring various adapters
  for DisplayPort and DVI, if you have a Mac please bring yours;
- there is a good chance the preferred resolution will be 1280x720;

- Talks are streamed live and recorded: make sure you repeat questions
  that are asked in the microphone;
- Keep in mind that FOSDEM is not a commercial event: we want to hear
  about free digital technology and old stuff, not products and
  marketing!

- If you need to contact us:
  - Email: retro-devroom-manager at fosdem.org
  - IRC: mmu_man on freenode
  - Phone (for emergency): +33675904178

The final schedule is available online:

https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/retrocomputing/

As well as in the FOSDEM companion app, and Giggity which supports many
other events as well:

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/be.digitalia.fosdem/

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.gaast.giggity/

Thanks and see you in Brussels!